This is a little bit late, but I noticed that Google has added some traffic tools for major cities. For those of us in the Tampa area, we can use Google traffic to see what driving into town looks like.
As far as I can tell, Google does not have a specific list of the areas that they cover and don’t cover. You just have to go to the area and see if it shows a traffic button.
- First read about in this article: “Real time traffic updates on Google Maps”.
- They quote “Google Maps Shows Real-Time Traffic Data” as their source.
- From the Official Google Blog: “Stuck in traffic?”.
Other Traffic Tools:
- If you use iGoogle, you can add a Traffic Gadget to your homepage.
- Yahoo Traffic is another option that I have not played with very much, but I understand it is the data source for the Traffic Gadget.